Friday, February 24, 2006

Not the only Brit in the Village

There's British people here in Tyumen! I mean, there always has been British people here I'm not really the only one, however I've not yet met one. But today there is a conference for 'education abroad' and a bunch of British people are in the Quality hotel next door to our office to take part in this conference. I had a conversation with a real life English person, it was very exciting. I could say things without fear of it being taken the wrong way, it was great! Have I explained about how everything you say to a Russian person gets taken personally? Especially when speaking to these temperamental sensitive women! But that's another story entirely. I'll save it for a snowy day. Won't that be a treat for you lucky lucky people...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your grammar is becoming somewhat erratic

5:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and "save it for a snowy day" is some sort of new idiom, is that a Russion expression?!
How come you did not warrant an invitation to the conference?

5:23 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

Sorry about the grammar - is that you Mother by any chance?
What in particular am I doing wrong? Please correct me! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home