Monday, February 20, 2006

So last week it was skiing but this weekend I decided to show the Russians how it's really done and took them on at a bit of ice skating. Picture the scene; we're in the forest the sun is setting and the Brit takes to the rink with style and grace. Actually I fared alright, being outdone only by the drunk man who fell over several times, and never really seemed to give up trying. I, on the other hand, didn't fall over once - those Saturday afternoons at Altrincham ice rink in my youth have finally paid off.

My Russian family had a dinner party on Saturday which I was kindly invited to. This meant sitting at a table while everyone spoke in Russian and left me to eat the food and drink the wine, which was nice. It's true, they drink shots of vodka with their meal, although I didn't partake because I'm a wimp!

Weather update, well yesterday it was -13, but the sun is shining gloriously and the sky is a lovely shade of blue, not a cloud in sight. It's deceptive though because there's still masses of snow on the ground and it feels very cold. Brrrr, that's what I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home