Monday, February 27, 2006

Springtime is here hip hip hip hooray

The end of winter has arrived: goodbye snow, hello sludge! Yes it's very dirty on the streets, all the cars are covered in a layer of mud and it's time to roll your trouser legs up for the spring sun has made an appearance. I have ditched the bear coat and now feel like a normal person when walking about outside; I think I'm two stone lighter without it on!

It was outdoor sports for me again this weekend as I took to the ice rink and strutted my stuff. Owing to the holiday period it was deserted in the forest and at one point my Russian companion and I had the rink to ourselves. My ambitions to become Britain's next olympic figure skater were short-lived as I attempted to skate backwards and failed miserably each time. So, forwards it was, and as quickly as possible. If I can't be figure skating I'll do the speed thing instead. Alas, blisters have put an end to that plan as well.

So, other than the skating and the excitement of not looking like a bear anymore I've done no more gambling in dodgy establishments and no more drinking whole bottles of vodka so nothing to report I'm afraid. Oh, actually I was expanding my knowledge of all things Russian by reading a book (actually being in the country is obviously teaching me nothing!) and I discovered some Russian jokes translated into English. I may have discovered why they don't understand the British sense of humour, it's because, well, if these jokes are anything to go by, we have very different senses of humour. I'll type a couple in my next entry. I know you can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home