Tuesday, February 28, 2006

One Russian said to another.....

Ok as promised here is the cultural delight of a Russian joke:

A Pharmacist tells a customer.
- In order to buy arsenic you need a legal prescription
A picture of this woman just isn't enough

Or how about this one:

Is it true that under communism people could order food by phone?
Yes, but the delivery was by TV

I get the first one (I think) but the second one is beyond me. Have I no sense of humour? No wonder people here never laugh when I say something funny.

In this book it also explains that the English appear rude to a foreigner in the way that they interrupt each other!
Please explain these jokes or more specifically, why they are funny!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

neither make any sense to me! i wonderwhat the russians would make of alan partridge or little britain?!
jus

8:31 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

well they seem to like Shaun of the Dead! And Friends, but apparently the translated version is rubbish and not funny. My boss also owns the Office on DVD! But yeah I think Little Britain would be a bit too much.

6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this Russian bloke asks me if I can remember the last time I had rice pudding, i said no. he said I must have Ambrosia.
but this other Russian bloke asks if I can remember the last time I had Alpen, and I didn't find that a muesli at all.
Russian Exit signs - they're on the way out.
I saw this Russian bloke digging a hole in the back of his garden and asked him what he was doing. He said he was going to fill it with water. I thoght, ah, he means well.

12:16 am  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

One of my students brought a joke in for me (translated from Russian) it goes like this: A wolf walks through the forest looking for a hare and he sees some big eyes staring out from behind a bush, the wolf says - who is that
the reply - I'm a mouse
the wolf - why are your eyes so big
the mouse - because I'm doing a ****!! (use your imagination there at the end)

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home