Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The only Brit in the village!

It's fun being the only British person here - I can say ANYTHING and they believe me. Now, up until this point I have told them the truth for example 'no, that's wrong, it's under threat not in threat' etc etc, but I've noticed that my conscience is letting me get lazy and I've been tempted to have fun with them. One of them asked me for words to teach a group of teenagers to describe a man who cries in the street, so I suggested (as a joke), along with 'sensitive' and 'emotional' the word 'poof'. She looked it up in the dictionary and we laughed at how funny it would have been. Hahaha, I still laugh now. BUT this evening, when I had a Russian student disagreeing with me when I told them that 'I didn't catch that' is another way of saying 'I didn't hear that' I realised that it's very important to not mess around with teaching them the correct phrases. It was in the text book an' everything! I wasn't making it up....

The roads are turning brown I miss the whiteness of everything, it looks like a normal place now! I liked my fairytale land where evrything was white and icy, now it's brown and icy - so if I fall over now I'll probably get dirty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we have the address of the school so we can write to your students, possibly with suggestions of nicknames for you?

1:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home