Monday, January 23, 2006

The Coldest Day Of the Year

Well today is the coldest day it's been all year, it's -38 or some such ridiculous temperature and all the students are cancelling their lessons which is good! Although today is my day off so it doesn't really effect me. Kids don't go to school when it's this cold which is understandable really. Yesterday it was only -20 but I stayed in all day but I really should have taken advantage of the fine weather...

So, today is birthday days for my Bro and Justine - Happy Birthday guys, you are both Aquariussss' , Russians are into their star signs, in fact it's quite often one of the first things that people have asked me. But not in a chat-up line kind of way!

I had a lesson on Saturday with the Russian speaking English teachers in which I taught them common English phrases. So, I encouraged them all to drop 'at the end of the day' into their conversations just so they can sound like an authentic English speaker! They also liked 'take the piss' they thought it was funny. In fact, they keep asking me to teach them insults, they ask 'how would you say he's a really really bad man?'!! I keep it clean, obviously.

Well I'm off now to enjoy the snow. Have a warm day everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MINUS 38?!! surely that's breaks some EU health and safety law or somehthing!
thanks for the birthday wishes, and happy birthday to your bro.
Jus x

5:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS Arctic Monkeys #1 with Sun Goes Down! x

5:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, happy birthday to you too Jus!
Don't forget to teach them that they were sat not sitting. Basically.

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home