Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Russian Reality TV

The news that Chantelle had won Celebrity Big Brother made it over here pretty fast we don't miss a thing in this town. We have our very own celebrity star of reality TV right here in Tyumen, she's appearing in a programme called Dom 2 - that's House 2 translated into English and it's like Big Brother only they've been living there for ages and people come and go as they get nominated in and out. The girl from Tyumen, I am told, has been in the house for 2 years.

Also on TV this week I have watched some Soviet cartoons upon everybody's recommendation and they are splendid. They're so pretty and innocent and sweet. There's no cat and mouse chase or slapstick comedy in them, they're just lovely little tales of adventure and perhaps the odd misfortune which is always overcome!

I also saw Terminator 3 and I must say Arnie does a good Russian accent. He's even more of a rubbish actor! I also watched some sitcoms, which were easy to understand, even if you don't speak the language which suited me fine. My Russian is coming on a treat though, I can name the days and I can ask for food. Although my plan to avoid speaking to anybody while buying food was spoiled today as when I approached the checkout and started putting my items on the counter the attendant lady picked up my bananas and started barking at me in Russian, I'd forgotten to put them in a bag I guess, so as I couldn't remember the word for 'sorry' I just said, '...er' and she didn't seem too impressed. I should have learned the phrase 'I didn't put the bananas in a bag and weigh them and stick the price tag on because I didn't realise I had to' but I'll know for next time.

Who's got the Arctic Monkeys album then and is it any good?? Any other gossip from the pages of the NME - I don't have time to check every 10 minutes like I used to in my old job! Speaking of which, I keep feeding the plants here in the office with my left over coffee and tea and I think they're flourishing! They've never had it so good!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear becky
I have new AM album and i love it. it is also getting whooped up by the press, with only a few mentions of the word "disappointing".
hope that helps!
Jus x

8:21 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

who said it's disappointing? There's always one isn't there?! Is it the Definitely Maybe of our time?

9:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it was JK or Joel - which one is which? does anyone know? does anyone care?
safe to say, the "disappointing" comment was made by no-one of any note, influence or brain!
Jus x
PS I think Def Maybe was the Def Maybe of MY time, but i'm pretty sure this is the DM of now! don't think i can get away with calling it MY time!!

3:49 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

It's still our time Jus - reclaim it from the grimy hands of today's youth... only when it's good though, they can keep James Blunt and Bloc Party!!! (hehe)

8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as someone a good "few" years older than you, i fear you maybe taking the piss out of me.
hmpf.
bloc party rule ok
x

3:18 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

No I'm Not!! I promise. How is the Rakes new single - Paul's lost interest in them now I'm not there to go to gigs with him!

8:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's good actually - got a promo copy from my bro a few weeks ago. maybe i am converting?! they are also doing a mash up with the streets or someone - a hip-hop-grime-punk thing, although i may be mistaken about it involving the streets. it is someone of that ilk though.
AM tickets go on sale at 6pm today for dates in April. no manchester date - closest is Blackpool - so i am aiming for Nottingham Rock City. will be a huge stroke of luck to get some but fingers crossed!

9:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOO HISS!
No chance of Arctic M tickets - tried and tried and tried and tried, but the lines were chocka, and needless to say the young whipper snappers beat me to it.
Am now hanging out for the rumoured appearance at Leeds/Reading.
Other news is that Radiohead are in NME - not sure why as i don't like them and don't care, but here is the link: http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/22118
laters
Jus x

6:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home