Saturday, March 25, 2006

Where am I?

Have any of you noticed that my profile says that I'm still in Manchester, United Kingdom? Maybe I'm just lying and I'm not really in Russia, I'm actually hiding in John's attic with a laptop, making up nonsense about a town in Siberia that doesn't even exist. Think about it, it makes much more sense.

I went to a cafe bar yesterday after work for another fun crazy wild weekend adventure. It turned out that Chekov was sitting on the next table. I really like your work, I told him. Ah thanks he said slightly embarrassed. Yes, I said, my favourite play of yours was the seagull. To this he looked even more embarrassed. I think you've got me confused with someone else, he said, I'm Chekov from the Starship Enterprise, not the leading Russian dramatist. Oh sorry, said I. It happens all the time, he said supping his whisky.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how you mistake a Lithuanian-American actor by the name of Walter with a Russian writer who died over 100 years ago.
Same thing happened to me last Thursday.

4:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whisky!!!

4:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but it might have been Irish, or American...

4:51 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

exactly!

4:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home