Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'll get you next time, Mr Bond...

It's cold again. The thermals are back ON! My hopes of going outside without my nasty snowboots on and in just normal trainers before my time here is through are fading.

TV news - Have watched Pretty Woman in Russian, and the Fifth Element and some kung-fu film with football in it. New reality TV shows include a house full of people who have cosmetic surgery done so we get to see the after operation effects, it was too bloody and horrible to watch (they show the operations as well). The longest running TV drama EVER is STILL on. This programme started just after I arrived and it's on every day for an hour. It's about an ugly woman and a handsome man who fall in love... yes I thought it would be over after 5 episodes but they are still, after over, uh, 8 weeks every day that's 5 = 40 hours of this on off relationship storyline, still finding something to create around these two characters. Now the ugly woman is in charge of a fashion show. It's not just my opinion that she's ugly, by the way, it's the foundation for the whole programme!

I have a new student who is like a villain from a Bond film, with the accent and everything. I am looking out for mysterious men with briefcases, who say things like 'the bird flies at midnight'. But she has lessons every day and came in to the office and asked for lessons with only me (she knew my name). So, I've convinced myself that she's Alan Rickman's wife from Die Hard and she's out to learn English so she can cause chaos and take over the world, mwah ha ha!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your reputation preceeds you, evil overlords asking for you by name to teach them the necessary English to take over the world...
As you've watched fifth element now, Zorg may be a good villain to give them the basics...

1:13 am  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

Well at this stage in the proceedings I have to be careful, she may be out to get me, not the world.

9:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home