Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It seems my drunken self impressed the Russians and they have declared the desire to do it again (without the fruit cognac, said I). It would appear that under the influence of inebriating liquids I was not honest, as I feared, but instead I donned my beer-goggles and saw Russia and my boss (who had supplied said liquids) as the most splendid creations ever, uh, created. So I am safe comrades and relations between Russia and Britain continue to flourish (we'll ignore that thing I saw in the news about Cold War prison camps).

In other news in this here Siberian town, it's been dry for two days running: that means no snow no mud, a reason to celebrate if ever there was one. I watched some Russian films, one was a Soviet era comedy about a man who has diamonds in his broken arm plaster cast, and the other was Night Watch, a modern film about vampires or something (I was confused).

With only 12, yes 12 count them, days to go before I return to the mother land, or is that where I am now...well before I return to Britain I feel I must soak up as much culture as I can possibly squeeze into my brain and suitcase to bring back to you delightful people in bowler hats holding umbrellas (for that is what a Brit looks like to be sure). Or maybe you'd all just like some водка!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i've not been very communicative this week - am moving offices so online time is rare.
sounds like you're making the most of your last 12 days in the wilderness. were it not for the sudden flurry of drink related news, i would ask if it has felt at all like being in the priory - no home comforts, minimal communication with the outside world, crap food.... i guess you have well and truly fallen off the 12 steps now though!
see you v soon
Jus xx

7:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Night Watch or Ночной Дозор is sort of about vampires, has vampires and other supernatural creatures. A big hit in Russia! (and it featured a Buffy Vs Dracula clip)

4:51 pm  
Blogger Girl Least Likely To said...

It would be like the Priory were it not for the cakes and the trips to the forest! But I am a reformed character - I've served my time!
See you next week!

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home