Thursday, March 30, 2006

Villain #2

The perpetual drama with the weather continues. But I fear boring you poor readers with details so let's just say it's snowy, mucky and wet. And yesterday was such a fine day. Shame.

Ah well. After my excitement with the eclipse the rest of the day was dreary in comparison.

My bond villain and I have been getting along well, I am starting to wonder whether it's just a disguise and in actual fact she's the goodie in the story. I came across a suspicious looking character yesterday: another villain type. I was in the corner shop with my Russian friend discussing the merits of fish with or without mayonnaise (the Russians love the stuff - they put it in soup!) in English of course. Well, our heated conversation must have gained the attention of the local shoppers because when we walked out a strange looking man (my Russian friend's words, not mine) walked behind us and asked if we were speaking French! No English she replied, and he walked off. We continued our talking and the man, who was wearing shades (and I know there had been an eclipse earlier in the day but now it was dark, so really were they necessary?) came back our way. I escaped from the strange villain character by walking the long way round to my flat. Didn't somebody warn me about suspicious looking men in shades? He didn't have a briefcase though...

Thursday, my dreaded day, but the thought that I only have two more lessons with the little rotters after this fills me with joy. So today I don't care, I have not a care in the world!

Here's a little fact for you: Russian people have 20 fingers! They don't have toes they have fingers, hand fingers and feet fingers! When they invented the Russian language they failed to invent a word for toes!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they have KFC in Siberia, and is the slogan "finger lickin' good"? Does this cause confusion and/or disgust?

5:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading Q magazine last night (the one with RHCP on the front), and apparently KFC is "band speak" for heroin, or something like that... FACT.

5:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home